The past two weeks my home is getting a few updates. New floors (carpet and Congoleum), baseboards and door casings. It will be nice once it's finished. However, I've been held prisoner in my home. Waiting (and waiting) for the installers to come. Luckily the weather has been beautiful, and I'm able to sit outside and write. With not much to distract me (not even laundry-Yay!) I've been contemplating my rewrite of The Double D. My procrastination has paid off and several new ideas will be implemented. My characters have been trying to claw their way out of my head. I awoke on Sunday, after a night of their constant babbling, with that yearning desire to write. I made this note:
The Awesome-ist Trip You’ll Ever Take (because making up words is okay during NaNo)
Official NaNo name/region: bhoney, Dayton Title of 2016 NaNo project and genre: Breakout, YA horror How many years have you participated? I have done NaNo 5 times and Camp NaNo 8 times. How did you find out about writing for NaNo? I’d heard other writers talking about NaNo, but didn’t really know what it was. I finally decided to look it up and see what all the fuss was about and knew I had to give it a try. Of course, that was like 2 days before NaNo started so I didn’t have much time to prepare, but I decided just to dive in and hope for the best! LOL I get asked a lot what advice I would give aspiring writers. My biggest advice is to find out what method works for you, whether you’re a plotter (someone who outlines and plans it all out before starting) or a pantser (someone who writes by the seat of their pants and discovers what’s going to happen as it goes) or a mixture of the two. Either way, I find the most motivating thing for actually finishing a project—wh...

Comments
Post a Comment