Chronicles of Eventide




Hello,
National novel writing month is over...phew! I worked on a fantasy called I Am Mai: Chronicles of Eventide. The challenge of http://www.nanowrimo.com/ is to complete 50k words in 30 days. This year I was able to get 52k by the deadline.
This work has really come to life on its own spurning characters and situations I hadn't anticipated. I have never wrote a fantasy of this magnitude before and it was very challenging to create all the names of places, governments, topography and cultures. I spent a month maping and naming places in one country then the story stayed in another (I hadn't planned on staying in that country for more than a brief visit!) for 3/4 the first book. Chronicles has turned out to be an appropriate name because this world has depth to it.
I hope to get a synopsis and some sample chapters up to the http://www.authonomy.com/ site soon.
Thanks,
Rochelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sci-Fi + Hot Air Balloons = Steampunk

Behind the Walls

NaNoWriMo Tips from the Muse